The main purpose of our Web site is to provide information and services to individuals and to Federation Web sites. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it and to making you aware of our online practices regarding the privacy of your information.
Our Web site does not automatically collect any individually identifiable information, such as email addresses, from visitors.
We collect personal information when you provide it in the course of interacting with the site. At the FedWeb site or one of the Federation sites, you may be able to register and create a user profile for courses or events, make use of a career center or volunteer center, subscribe to an email newsletter, sign up for broadcast email, take part in message boards or chat, send greeting cards, participate in polls or surveys, or make a donation. In so doing, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, or information about your interests and activities. If you send a greeting card, you must provide the name and e-mail address of the recipient.
If your personal information changes and you wish to update it (such as your address), or if you wish to delete your information, you can make changes to your user profile on the site. If this should prove insufficient, you may contact your local site administrator who will correct, update or remove your personal information as requested.
We also may collect information that is not personally identifiable, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows '95 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink).
How the information is used
We may use the information you give us to provide services to you, at your request. We may use it to communicate with you through periodic messages regarding services, events, and other information and notices we believe you may find interesting or useful. We may use it for confirmation of donations, registrations, or other actions you take on our site, and for related customer service needs. We use information you provide about others to enable us to send them your greeting cards.
If you are a registered user, you may alter your user profile in order to remove your name from our e-mail recipient list. If you have simply entered your email address on our homepage, please go to our unsubscribe page or notify us by email at email@example.com with “remove” in the subject header and we will remove your name from our e-mail recipient list.
We do not sell, rent, swap or otherwise share our mailing lists with external organizations. Any personal information you provide to jewishnashville.org will not be disseminated to third parties outside of the Federations.
We may use the information that is not personally identifiable to analyze the design and functioning of our site in order to make site improvements. We may use such information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
We will disclose personally identifiable information when required to do so by law.
Jewishnashville.org uses appropriate procedures to ensure the security of your personal information and to and protect it from unauthorized access. In particular, when we ask you to enter credit card information, we use the top industry standard security protection, ncluding encryption, SSL transmission connection, and a secure server for information storage. Once your credit card has been processed, your credit card information is not stored on our servers.
Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee online forms are safe, secure, and compliant with industry standards for processing credit card payments. Please complete the form to submit your donation or events order to the organization.
If you have any questions about your payment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 615-356-3242.
We provide links to other Web sites that we believe you will find useful. We ask you to recognize that jewishnashville.org is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
2. Registration. In order to access certain content, services, products or benefits on the site, you may be asked to register and create an account. As part of the registration process, you must click to agree to these terms, and may then be asked to select a user name and password. You may also be required to provide Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee with certain information about yourself including some types of personally identifying information such as your email and your address. You are fully responsible for your account, including use of the account by any third party, and maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may terminate your account at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
3. Proprietary Rights. As between you and Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee (JFJFNAMT) owns or licenses all data, content, graphics, forms, artwork, images, photographs, functional components and any software concepts and documentation and other material on, in or made available through the site (“site materials”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the site materials. All site materials are protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent and other applicable laws. You agree not to remove or alter any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice on any site materials. As between any user and JFJFNAMT, all names, trademarks, service marks, certification marks, symbols, slogans or logos appearing on the site are proprietary to JFHNJ or its affiliates, licensors, or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the site materials, other than the right to use the site materials in accordance with these terms.
4. Unauthorized Activities. You agree that you will not use the site for (a) any illegal or unauthorized purposes that violate any local, national, or international laws (including but not limited to import, export, copyright, and trademark laws); (b) modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, performing, reproducing, publishing, licensing, creating derivative works from, transferring, selling any of the site materials, unless otherwise authorized by these terms or in a separate written agreement with JFJFNAMT (c) attempting to gain unauthorized access to JFJFNAMT computer system or engaging in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the site or any services provided through the site; or (d) removing, circumventing, disabling, damaging or otherwise interfering in any way with any security-related features of the site aimed at preventing or restricting the unauthorized use of the site or any of the site materials. You may use the site and the site materials consistently with Section 3 of these terms. Any other use of the site or site materials, including but not limited to the aforementioned unauthorized uses, without prior written permission of JFJFNAMT is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge and agree that the unauthorized use of the site or the site materials could cause irreparable harm to JFJFNAMT and that in the event of such unauthorized use, JFJFNAMT shall be entitled to an injunction in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity.
5. Materials Submitted to the site. Certain features of the site may allow you to contribute comments, feedback, information, content, text, files, graphics, postings, and other materials and information for access, use, viewing and commentary by other users to the site (“User Content”). By posting User Content, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and that use of the User Content by the site and all other persons and entities will not (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement; or (c) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party. Upon your submission of User Content or other material or information to JFJFNAMT you grant JFJFNAMT a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense, the User Content, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. If you believe that any content or postings on the site violate your intellectual property or other rights, please follow our Complaint Procedure in Section 12 of these terms.
6. Third Party Web Site and Content. The site is available for informational purposes only. The site may contain links to other Internet Web site for the convenience of users in locating information, products, or services that may be of interest. Use of such third party links, the site and the site materials and any other material or content on and made available through the site is entirely at your own risk. JFJFNAMT does not recommend and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on third party site or the transactions you conduct or enter into with third parties. Your use of any third party’s website is at your own risk, and subject to the terms and conditions of such other website. JFJFNAMT does not endorse any product, service, or treatment provided on a third party website or advertised or provided on the site.
8. Disclaimer. JFJFNAMT, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, are not responsible for and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any site Materials, User Content, products, data, services, links, advertisements or other items contained within the site. JFHNJ reserve JFJFNAMT s the right to immediately remove any site materials or User Content for any reason or for no reason. cannot and does not review all communications or products made available on or through the site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any User Content, site materials, the site or the products or services made available in connection with the site, including information submitted in connection with the site materials or other features at any time, with or without notice in its sole discretion. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of site materials or User Content and that you may not rely on such site materials or User Content.
THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, USER CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” USE OF THE SITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. JFJFNAMT MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, AND DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUALITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND EFFORT WITH REGARD TO ANY AND ALL USER CONTENT, THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, IS WITH YOU.
9. LIMITATION of Liability. JFJFNAMT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY OR DOES RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA AND OTHER MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT YOU OR JFJFNAMT HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR PROBABILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDIES OTHERWISE AVAILABLE FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF JFJFNAMT AND ITS LICENSORS TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH, BASED UPON, OR ARISING FROM THE SITE, USER CONTENT, THE SITE MATERIALS ON, IN AND MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE SERVICES, PRODUCTS, DATA OR OTHER MATERIALS OFFERED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU DURING THE PRECEDING YEAR FOR USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF JFJFNAMT AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10). If you are dissatisfied with the site or with any of these terms, or feel JFJFNAMT has breached these terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site.
10. Indemnification. You shall indemnify JFJFNAMT and its directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors and licensors (“JFJFNAMT Indemnitees”) against all claims, actions, suits, and other proceedings (claims) arising out of or incurred in connection with the site and your use of the site, the site materials or any services, product or data obtained through the site, your fraud, violation of law, negligence, willful misconduct, or any other use of the site, the User Content, the site materials, the services, products, information and other materials on, in and made available through the site, except to the extent attributable to FJFNAMT, or any breach by you of these terms and shall indemnify and hold JFJFNAMT Indemnitees harmless from and against all judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and attorneys’ disbursements) arising out of or incurred in connection with such claims. You may not settle any claim without the prior written consent of JFJFNAMT. JFJFNAMT or its licensors may assume the defense of any claim, at your sole cost and expense, and you shall cooperate in all reasonable respects in such defense. You shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any claim and to participate in the defense thereof. If JFJFNAMT or its licensors do not notify you that it elects to undertake the defense thereof, you shall have the right to defend the claim with counsel reasonably acceptable to JFJFNAMT, subject to the right of FJFNAMT to assume, at their sole cost and expense, the defense of any claim at any time prior to the settlement or final determination thereof.
11. Internet Security. JFJFNAMT uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the site is generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the site will be interrupted or unavailable. JFJFNAMT will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that JFJFNAMT shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to JFJFNAMT via the site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
12. Complaint Procedures. If you believe that any content or postings on this site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify JFJFNAMT by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
13. Changes to these Terms; Termination. JFJFNAMT reserves the right at any time to modify, alter or update these terms. Your use of the site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. Any change to these terms shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the site before the change was made. It is the obligation of users visiting the site before the change to learn of changes to the terms since their last visit. JFJFNAMT may suspend or terminate your account and/or your ability to use the site, or any services on the site, for failure to comply with these terms, for providing JFHNJ with untrue or inaccurate information about yourself, for infringement upon JFJFNAMT proprietary rights, or for any other reason whatsoever or for no reason.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These terms represent the entire agreement between you and JFJFNAMT with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior and contemporaneous written and oral representations, understandings, and agreements, express and implied, and will be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable local or state laws, without reference to its conflict of law rules; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE TERMS OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW NOW OR HEREAFTER ENACTED THAT IS BASED ON, DERIVED FROM, SIMILAR TO, OR CONNECTED WITH THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT DRAFTED BY THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF COMMISSIONERS ON UNIFORM STATE LAWS SHALL NOT APPLY EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT THE LAW EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS ALTERATION BY THESE TERMS OF THE APPLICABILITY OF ONE OR MORE SECTIONS OF THE LAW. By accessing, viewing, or using the services, works, content, or materials on the site, you consent and agree to (a) the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Monmouth and Middlesex counties, NJ; (b) accept service of process by personal delivery or mail; and (c) irrevocably waive the right to trial by jury and any jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
15. Miscellaneous. The site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, JFJFNAMT makes no representation that the site, site materials, user content, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. The waiver or failure of JFJFNAMT to exercise in any respect any right provided hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of such right in the future or a waiver of any of other rights established under these terms. Headings used in these terms are for reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of these terms. No person or entity not party to this agreement will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these terms or any provision hereof. When used herein, the words “includes” and “including” and their syntactical variations shall be deemed followed by the words “without limitation.”