TOOLS FOR LIFE:
An educational series that will build your parenting toolkit, by providing information and strategies to help parents promote their children’s social, emotional, and physical health.
Tammy Parrish, M.S., N.C.C., B.C.C. received her undergraduate degree in Social Work from Ohio State University and her Master of Counseling Psychology degree from Austin Peay State University. She is a Nationally Certified Counselor and a Board Certified Life Coach. Tammy has a passion for helping others become their best self.
Previously, Tammy has worked at a social services agency in the Individual, Marriage and Family Counseling, School Counseling and Child Abuse Prevention Departments. She currently has a Life Coaching Business as well as working as a school counselor at Akiva School.
Led by Tammy Parrish
Why Failing Is Important: Helping Our Children Develop Resilience and Grit
• What are grit and resilience?
• Are we born with these traits or can they be developed?
• What does mindfulness have to do with grit and resilience?
How Do I Help My Child Navigate Their Social Landscape?
• How do I help empower my child within his/her social relationships?
• What are the developmental milestones of building friendships?
• What is the difference between relational aggression and bullying?
• Why is it important to model and express empathy with our children?
Helping Our Children Develop Self-Regulation: It Starts With You
• What is self-regulation/dysregulation?
• When do children develop self-regulation skills?
• What can I do to help my child develop the tools to self-regulate?
• What do children learn from us about managing emotions?
• Why is self-care important for children?
• Mindful Parenting by Kristen Race
• Mindsets for Parents: Strategies to Encourage Growth Mindsets in Kids by Mary Cay Ricci & Margaret Lee
• The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child by Daniel Siegel & Tina Payne Bryson
• The Strength Switch: How the New Science of Strength-Based Parenting Can Help Your Child and Your Teen to Flourish by Lea Waters
• The Gift of Failure: How the Best Parents Learn To Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed by Jessica Lahey
• Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting by John Gottman, John Declaire, & Daniel Goleman
• The Whole Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel & Tina Payne Bryson
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org