Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee seeks an engaging, dynamic, and motivated professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team as a Marketing and Development Associate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1) Effectively plan, compose, post, and monitor multiple social media platforms
2) Assist in keeping website up to date
3) Organize and distribute weekly digital newsletter
4) Collect data related to newsletter, website and social media behavior
5) Create and manage digital event and program registration pages
6) Assist with creating, organizing and collecting marketing materials and copy for design professionals
7) Support and work closely with marketing director, fundraising staff, community relations director and engagement professionals with various projects as needed
8) Bid out advertising and other marketing related procurement through approved vendors
9) Assist in organizing and producing events, programs, and campaigns (traditional and digital/virtual) and attend them to facilitate their success
10) Develop measurable outcomes to evaluate effectiveness of assignments
11) Manage special projects and additional relevant responsibilities as determined by supervisor and senior staff
12) Staff the B’nai Tzedek Teen Philanthropy Program and the Tzedakah Week Phone-a-thon event.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
1) A passionate and optimistic individual who inspires other team members to find opportunities to make improvements and strive for excellence.
2) Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
3) Demonstrated success implementing strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
4) A motivational communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in 1-on-1 and group settings, able to engage with internal and external audiences.
5) Goal driven person who maintains high performance standards.
6) Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
7) Understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing those relationships in an effective and professional manner.
8) A stickler for grammar and social media best practices
9) Willingness to stay up to date on ever evolving social media trends
10) Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry
11) Experience managing and developing projects and budgets
Education, Training and/or Experience
1) Bachelor's degree in relevant field required and advanced degree preferred or equivalent of professional experience
2) A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in marketing with success as part of a team
3) Experience working with volunteers particularly in the non-profit sector, strongly preferred.
4) Proficient in working with zoom/virtual meeting platforms
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Whether temporarily working from home remotely or in the Federation offices, nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment and software. Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files, as well as sitting at a computer desk. Travel by automobile will be required at times. Work performed in a general office environment. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times and regular participation at organizational community events and meetings including nights and weekends. This position does not require lifting of heavy physical objects. This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee. With established personnel guidelines, Jewish Federation & Jewish Foundation of Nashville and Middle Tennessee endeavors to provide accommodation for applicants of all abilities. Compensation: Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package.
To Apply: Applicants must include a cover letter stating interest in the position, a list of three (3) recent professional references who only will be contacted in case of a candidate being interviewed, and a resume of educational and professional experience. Application should be sent via email to Jessica Cohen Banish Please, no phone calls.